This is my blog about my growth and journey in drawing and art in general. My goals, success's, and my frustrations with the technical aspects of it all. Since I am going for a AA Degree in Visual Arts, 3D Design and need to take some more general education classes to get it, writing this blog might just help me practice my writing skills.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Hmmm, First Post with an Eye Study

Graphite on paper, 9"x12"
Well been in my art class's for 8 weeks now. Just had my midterms and I think I bombed on my art history test, well should get a C at least. Love the class though. Just got done studying the Renaissance. My favorite artist (Rembrandt) should be up in a chapter or two. Drawing 1 class is going great, my drafting experience is very helpful in this class at least. Ah but my life drawing is really fun but a lot more challenging for me. Getting those proportions down has been hard, those damn heads, hands and bodys, lol. They look like I am a Mannerist or something. I just tried soft pastels for the first time on my midterm last Wednesday, maybe not the best move i've made, but it was fun experimenting with color. It came out very colorful to say the least so I need a lot more practice with those. Just did a eye study and will post it, I'm not real happy with the scanned image, the contrast/brightness adjustments left some of the detail out. I think I will darken her hair but at least it is not flat looking. But over all I don't think it is too bad for drawing people for 8 weeks. lol. If you have feedback, leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment