This is my blog about my growth and journey in drawing and art in general. My goals, success's, and my frustrations with the technical aspects of it all. Since I am going for a AA Degree in Visual Arts, 3D Design and need to take some more general education classes to get it, writing this blog might just help me practice my writing skills.

Monday, April 18, 2011

The Brewery ArtWalk

This weekend I went to The Brewery ArtWalk in L.A. It was a very hot 90 degrees and a lot of walking but it was a lot of fun meeting and talking to artists in their studios. Some of my favorites were: Ann Erpino which has fantastic creative paintings.  Lets Play Dead who's dolls are fascinating. Ted Meyer I really liked his figurative paintings, they were very very good, but his series on scars really moved me and made me think. My scars are a lot smaller than some of the other peoples scars. I'm lucky that I didn't have to go through what some of them did with their scars. Scott Miller had some fantastic sculptural flowers on masonite. Bruce Grey sculptures were great and creative.  Victoria Sebanz photos were beautiful and here mixed media was very interesting. She explained what influenced her with the pieces and that she took the time to explain it was very nice of her. It was overall a very inspiring day. If you have a chance to go to the next one, you really should do it.
Here are a few cards I picked up.



No comments:

Post a Comment