This is my blog about my growth and journey in drawing and art in general. My goals, success's, and my frustrations with the technical aspects of it all. Since I am going for a AA Degree in Visual Arts, 3D Design and need to take some more general education classes to get it, writing this blog might just help me practice my writing skills.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Another week of class's

Had a good drawing 1 class working on 2 point perspectives. I am very happy with my progress with it once I got the hang of it. Here are a couple of homework projects for that class. Unfortunately I did not score the highest on this first one I only got 5 extra credit points not 10. I was not creative enough with my boxes, just more clear and filled up the space better. Oh well. I guess my new mantra I should be saying over and over should be "Loosen up and get more creative, Loosen up and get more creative" Hmm

2 Point Perspective Graphite on Paper 18x24

2 Point Perspective Homework. Still need to add more items




I am not so happy with my life drawing class. It was alternate media day (Bah! or maybe that is the wrong attitude, lol) I need to loosen up and get more creative. I brought in cardboard and a type of wood paper for the surfaces and make-up and chalk for pool cues to use as the medium. I did not really enjoy my choices too much. My first drawing on the cardboard with make-up I can't stand so I tossed it. The wood paper was fantastic but my use of the cardboard sucked, just my opinion. Some other class mates did a fantastic job with just trash. Damn them, lol. I did try to loosen up and do some expressive figure drawing and I did like the outcome on a couple of my drawings with soft pastels. My proportions are definitely off but I like the effect on this first drawing.  The clear coat did effect the brightness of the pastels. I did not like the second soft pastel drawing that much due to not getting the twist in her body correct.

Soft Pastel on Wood Veneer Paper 16x25
Soft Pastel on Pastel Paper 18x24

Oil pastels were a bit more challenging for me though. I will need to keep trying to use them to see if I like them. I do not like this either of these and the yellow craft cardboard was a pain to draw on. But it was an experience that was at least for me an experiment.  I am going to keep trying the watercolor washes, I do like the effect. I still have to do 2 india ink drawings and I think they would look good on a washed background.

Oil Pastel on Watercolor Paper with wash 18x24

Oil Pastel on Cardboard 18x24



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting your blog!
    Those perspective drawings are amazing.
    Brunelleschi would be proud! ;)

    ReplyDelete