This is my blog about my growth and journey in drawing and art in general. My goals, success's, and my frustrations with the technical aspects of it all. Since I am going for a AA Degree in Visual Arts, 3D Design and need to take some more general education classes to get it, writing this blog might just help me practice my writing skills.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Conte Charcoal Drawing

Conte Charcoal on Tan Pastel Paper 18"x24"
Well, charcoal is still tough for me. I guess I am wound up too tight, I need to loosen up while I'm drawing. Too many years using T-squares and triangles I guess, lol. Practice, practice, practice is the only way to get through it. It is better than some of my other charcoal drawings, just need to back up away from it and it gets better, I guess that's why the instructor keeps saying to back up and take a look at it. The farther the better, lol. but I don't think that hair will get any better at all though. Shouldn't try to make it like I do with pencil, maybe just light and dark areas.

















Here is a couple of pictures of a bowl I made about 1999 using B-Mix with sand and a Celadon glaze. It is one of the few I carved. I will post more of them when I can take their pictures. The ones I kept anyway. Sold most of them at the student sale every semester. I do have a few of my Raku pieces in storage. I think I only have one piece of jewelry that I made, maybe some of my family members still have the ones I gave them.

Ceramic Bowl 15.5" diameter

Ceramic Bowl Bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment